Skip to main content

Marvel LEGO Birthday Party

 
Hi everyone! It has been some time since I've posted anything. It's been a little hectic with my "grown-up" job, cleaning up our backyard for the last 3 weekends-ugh, getting sick-double ugh, and planning both of my son's birthday party.
 
 
My son's birthdays are twenty-three days apart-so far enough to celebrate them separately, but because my littlest is still young (2yo), I figured I could try a joint birthday party before they hold it against me. They are exactly 2 years apart, so they are starting to like different things, my youngest (Leo) loves trains and Mickey Mouse, while my oldest (Ian) is now a BIG boy, who likes big boy things. Luckily they both love blocks, LEGO, Duplo, etc. (but honestly who doesn't love building blocks??). They also love Marvel characters. Ian loves Iron Man and Leo loves The Hulk. So I had my theme! Woohoo!
 
After looking through Pinterest in search of birthday ideas, I was kinda shocked to see that LEGO theme wasn't as popular as I thought, let alone the combination of Marvel and LEGO together. So after finding some very talented ladies blogs on party ideas and crafts, here is what I came up with for my two sweet little boys birthday party.     LEGO Cake Cupcakes! Okay, this is was a total fail!!! I was going to make rectangular cakes and use marshmallows for the pegs (not sure what they're called). Oh man talk about a Pinterest fail! LOL My red brick came out salmon and my cake literally fell apart while coming out of the pan.
 
I made an emergency run to the store for store cake. Oh course they had no cake, but they had one simple batch of two dozen cupcakes. Luckily we had gone to the candy store for party favors and they had Lego candies, so we made "Lego cupcakes". I think it came out really great and no one knew about the salmon colored broken Lego.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
LEGO Block Pinata
Materials:
Huggies diaper box (This was a strong option, but it was a little hard for the kids to break, but hey!, all the kids got to hit it more than once, so that was the silver lining.)
Party Streamer (I would say 3-4 [Dollar Store] bags to get a good cover)
Elmer's (Dollar Store) glue with a little bit of water.
Sponge brush
Directions:
Cut paper to the length of box, dip sponge brush in water-downed glue and paper mache that box!
Marvel Hero Masks
I found these little gems from a blog called Cutesy Crafts. Jessica

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Card in a Box

I love cards in a box. They are so festive and show how much care went in to them. They are a little tricky at first but so worth it if you take your time and pay attention to detail. My little niece loves Frozen, so I made a Frozen inspired card in a box. I used Cricut Create a Friend, and Princess Party Cartridges.

Baby Shower Card in a Box

Here is a card in a box I made for a baby shower. I used Michael's Recollections Expecting 3D stickers, and Michael's cardstock. I made a coordinating envelope with it too. I was pretty happy with the way it turned out.




Triple Stamp Card

Hello!

It's been awhile since my last post. I've been swamped at my work, house chores (I. Hate. Laundry. So. Much.), and other hobbies that I find myself doing instead of crafts (I love genealogy), but all is well now! Portland, Oregon has been sunny and beautiful this weekend!, and I made time to craft. <3

Well, I wanted to post my newest craft creation, since I'm trying out on my first card challenge. It is a Triple Stamp card. It's my first one and I must confess that I LOVE this style! It looks complex, but it is SO easy! <3

This is Week 3:


I love making these cards so much I made another one for fun!